- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 25, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Reference Code: 90374236
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Job Title: BA4 - Research
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a member of the Research Operations team, the candidate will provide operational support for maintaining MIFID II research entitlement packages and provide operational support for the provision of mandated conflict of interest disclosures for Research
What will you be doing?
• Handling different type of queries in mailbox from various teams and responding to them in timely manner.
• Setting up research packages and maintaining them to support the MiFID II regulation.
• Processing requests from Research Sales team for specific research packages/services that clients have purchased from Barclays.
• Setting up trial packages for clients.
• Processing renewals of contracts on internal systems based on agreement made with the client.
• Manage all entitlement support issues including third party vendor entitlement and queries relating to MiFID II.
• Handling queries related to invoicing from Business Management team.
• Manage access and subscription of research for clients.
• Work closely with Research Sales team to understand their requirements on setting up research packages for clients.
• Manage the process to ensure correct and timely flow of disclosures to issuers in the disclosure database.
• Create and review data reconciliation and monitoring reports to identify exceptions and follow up as necessary with Research Production and Compliance teams.
• Work with IT to specify requirements for enhancement of applications and thoroughly test them- validating both the functionality and data quality.
• Appropriately escalate concerns to Research Operations management in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all operational processes are clearly and accurately documented, as processes are added, enhanced and revised.
• Gather and analyze data from multiple sources and present information meaningfully so that it helps management in decision making and building a robust control environment.
• Produce regular and ad hoc management information and exception reports, involving the integration of data from multiple sources
What we’re looking for:
• Focus - Strong attention to detail and accuracy when reviewing data.
• Analysis – Ability to think through problems and issues and put forward practical solutions.
• Time management - Effective time management skills to ensure tasks are completed within agreed timelines.
• Independent - Ability to work independently on tasks without direct supervision
• Technology – Ability to learn in-house publishing applications and systems.
• Teamwork - Work within a team environment both locally and across different time zones.
• Flexibility – Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
• Initiative/self-motivation – Act on own initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions.
• Risk awareness – Understand the regulatory environment in which we operate and ensure risks are appropriately managed and escalated.
• Communication – Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and operate with teams across the organization, in multiple locations and time zones.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Basic knowledge of excel functions and ability to analyse set of data.
• Graduate/Post Graduate from reputed institute with prior experience of minimum 2-3 years in an operational role in an Investment Bank is strongly preferred.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.