Encore! Returnship Program - Fixed Income Financing
Date live: Dec. 03, 2019
Reference Code: 00270894
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Finance
Contract: Temp / Contractor
Encore! Fixed Income Financing
Encore!, one of Barclays’ flagship diversity and citizenship programs, is designed for individuals who have taken a career break and now wish to re-enter the workforce. The program provides leadership and development training as well as a paid 12-week fellowship in our Mumbai based offices beginning in January 2020. Qualified candidates with strong performance are eligible to be considered for full-time roles based on availability and suitability.
In Markets, we serve our institutional investor clients by helping them understand developments in global markets and offering execution and risk management solutions across each major asset class. Fast, fascinating and always in motion, the Markets business is a barometer of world events - not to mention an incredible place to build your career. You will work closely with your counterparts around the world and help our clients in achieving their ambitions in the right way.
What will you be doing?
Fixed Income Financing (FIF) team is responsible for executing trades, producing business critical MIS reports, pricing models, and adhoc customized analysis. The role requires sound understanding of trade life cycle of Securities Lending & Repo Financing, sound programming skills, understanding of the Financing business, eye for detail and an ability to liaise with the trading desks to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of tasks/projects performed. Over the past six years the team has created its own niche brand within the business and the person joining this team has got a great ask to drive this brand further.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
What we’re looking for:
• Graduation in any discipline
• Candidates are likely to have been on a career break for one or more years, have around two years or more experience in financial services or another directly relevant area and are interested in returning to the workforce on a permanent basis
• Genuine interest in financial markets
• Strong drive and motivation to succeed
• Ability to prioritise, be flexible and respond to changing environments
• Resourcefulness, enthusiasm and evidences initiative to learn
• Strong team player, commercial mindset, and client-centric. Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Proven academic performance and numerical and analytical skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Have a good understanding of Fixed Income Financing business flow across region and sub-asset classes/systems involved/product details
• Ability to understand and manage tasks like short cover via internal lifts and external lenders, auto borrows, excess returns, refinancing trades, funding, etc. • Understanding of daily MIS tasks like market colour reports, inefficiency reports around cost/revenue, margin/ haircut/ improper price reports, client P&L attribution reports, etc. with good understanding of logic behind these reports
• Interact with regional desks to understand the key areas of business, financing, liquidity and balance sheet drivers
• Ability to independently analyse credit business to highlight inefficiencies and develop potential solutions in collaboration with regional traders
• Database analytics using tools like Qlikview/Access/SQL
• Interact with IT for system maintenance / escalations related to the reporting infrastructure and maintenance of database.
Where will you be working?
B6 Nirlon Knowledge Park is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Mumbai Western Subarbs at Goregaon .This corporate park is is easily accessible by bus links and trains.The atmosphere is electrifying and buzzing 24*7 created around by the offices within.The lush green corporate park is surrounded by all the necessary amenties required for a perfect work life balance which includes a gym, a day care,coffee shops, restaurants,and a medical centre.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.