Job Title:MRPM AVP - Data Strategy and Governance
Assist in designing, implementation and maintenance of relevant Risk Reports for senior management. Design and implement Data Strategy across Market Risk to actively support and enhance risk management through active monitoring of data and delivery/implementation of regulatory and strategic projects.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in designing, implementation and maintenance of relevant Risk Reports for senior management.
- Present data from portfolio point of view to brief senior business and risk managers.
- Assist in analysing top-level risk measures (Stress results, VaR etc) for underlying risk drivers for inclusion in senior management MI on an ongoing basis
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Monitor and analyse trading portfolios and identifying material market risks of trading desks
- Provide consolidated analysis across asset classes
- Challenge, when appropriate, market risks being taken along with firm grasp of market dynamics
- Participate in analysing portfolio risk in a single asset class across regions and across asset classes and regions extending to stress analytics for internal and regulatory including key themes
- Design and implement Data Strategy across Market Risk to actively support and enhance risk management through active monitoring of data and delivery/implementation of regulatory and strategic projects
- Sustain Full Compliance with BCBS 239 for Market Risk and maintain GDMS satisfactory status.
- Review and assist with domain view of annual self-assessment of levels of compliance with Principles of BCBS 239
- Enhance Data management/governance and co-ordinate Data Governance Forum on a monthly basis
- Review incoming materials for adequacy and appropriateness in advance, ensuring related discussion with senior stakeholders on delivery
- Support team in delivery of ad-hoc Data Remediation work such as strategic data investigations and remediation as required by BI Risk ExCo members
What we’re looking for:
- Analytical and IT skills are required (Excel/VBA) to build tools
- Strong Communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums.
- Proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Self-motivated, takes ownership of responsibilities assigned to him/her
- Ability to work well in a team
- co-ordinate work with various teams to deliver results
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to get things done
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Educational background in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Risk, Finance, Business.
- Experience with BCBS239
- Prior Market Risk experience
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.