Job Title:Risk, COO & Functions
- Independently manage a portfolio of NAPA proposals across BI – from inception through to final approval / rejection.
- Provide robust challenges at each approval tollgate as each proposal passes through the governance framework.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regard to Group NAPA Policy and the BI NAPA Standard.
- Manage other NAPA governances as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing input and challenges to the status quo.
What will you be doing?
- Cultivate effective two-way communication channels with all key stakeholders, effectively managing these relationships, often at senior levels.
- Prepare high quality materials for presentation to the regional NAPA Committee including leading agenda discussions, pre-Committee discussion with Committee Chair, writing & review Committee Minutes etc.
- Be responsible for responses to regulatory and audit requests.
- Lead key projects and initiatives; providing leadership from formulating solution through to execution – working within the region and globally.
- Provide oversight for junior team members including performance management, objectives setting, coaching and training.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven career history within financial services, ideally with demonstrated work experience in risk & control position.
- Strong project management skills and be able to handle multiple proposals / projects and work streams concurrently.
- Product, front-to-end internal system and business processes & flows are strongly beneficial for the role.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders across the Bank and demonstrated abilities to build/influence and challenge.
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to present at Committees, enable senior stakeholders’ engagement and be able to escalate to internal senior management where appropriate.
- Strong administration and follow-up skills with minimal supervision – ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines and work under pressure at times.
- Highly flexible and has the ability to try different approaches to work with various teams and stakeholders – and being able to adapt in style according to the circumstances.
- Ability to make critical decisions and be accountable for their decisions and actions. The individual needs to be able to exercise sound independent judgment about potential issues that may have significant implications for Barclays and be able to navigate through complex internal and external environment successfully.
- Eager to learn, with the passion to perform.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.