Job Title: WCR Portfolio Management - Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
- The role proactively reviews and analyses the risk profile of the credit portfolios
- Recommend adjustments to risk appetite in line with market conditions.
- Reviews limits and recommends adjustments in line with governance
- Coordinate and present data and analytics on key risk priority portfolios for senior management.
What will you be doing?
- Support setting and monitoring of the Risk Appetite (for the credit book) – a key measure of the risk the bank is willing to accept in its pursuit of business objectives
- Identify internal and external risks to the portfolio and assess the impact of various events (e.g. market events) on the portfolio
- Support the delivery of key strategic and regulatory deliverables including IFRS9, Stress Testing and Economic Capital
- Source and collate Credit Risk portfolio data and provide supporting portfolio analytics
- Understand and interpret variation in key credit metrics
- Identify and challenge data quality issues and support resolution
What we’re looking for:
- Strong track record in risk management with a leading Corporate and/or Investment Bank (2yrs+).
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SAS (or R), SQL is a must
- Strong understanding of Credit Risk modelling including PD, LGD and EAD analytics
- Effective, clear communication skills, both written & oral
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Highly analytical mind with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a time pressured environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Familiarity with the principles of portfolio management
- Graduate (preferably with a Masters degree) with exposure to Finance, Mathematics, Economics and/or Technology.
- Experience with wholesale credit/banking book and securitisation risk modelling, stress testing & scenario analysis is a strong plus
- Familiarity with the calculation and monitoring of RWA under Advanced and Standardised approaches
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.