Associate Relationship Director, IC, Power & Utilities
As a Barclays Assistant Vice President, Power and Utilities in International Corporate Banking, you will gain a broad knowledge of the corporate banking business by working on a variety of assignments across the sector. You will participate as members of teams engaged in delivering Barclays’ corporate banking platform to our clients: specifically, relationship lending, transaction banking and liquidity solutions, FX, trade, and debt finance solutions, working closely with our investment banking colleagues across the broader product suite.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $115,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $160,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who perform ‘onsite’ roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Helping the Relationship Directors in business development activities, business planning, customer acquisition and strategy
• Identifying and driving business opportunities with new and existing customers across one or more key account portfolios and within an agreed client planning framework
• Coordinating across Barclays’ businesses to leverage the global platform for the benefit of clients, as well as to build out “own” network
• Coordinating, evaluating, and executing large, structured transactions, under the supervision of or assisting a more senior member of the team
• Monitoring nominated accounts within account portfolios for key credit, customer and industry risks and trends that may impact portfolio
• Informing /identifying and contributing to the development of distinctive service/product offerings, which would be appropriate to the industry
• Attending customer visits with Relationship Directors and proactively developing “own” dialogue within agreed framework
• Partnering with Credit Managers and other internal parties to manage the evaluation and execution of large, structured transactions
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree and Corporate and Investment Banking experience
• Experience with customer contact in a similar marketplace developing business awareness
• Demonstrated experience supporting relationships for large multinational clients
• Fantastic verbal and written communicator who enjoys working with others with exemplary interpersonal skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent business skills /Understanding Client Needs
• Commercial Effectiveness /Drive for Results
• Prior formal credit training
• Technical skills within sales and networking
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 115000 to 160000