AVP, Banking - Healthcare
Date live: Jan. 14, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90276226
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
AVP, Banking – Healthcare
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Assistant Vice President in the Banking – Healthcare Group, you will have the chance to gain a broad understanding of investment banking business by working on a variety of assets and assignments. This is an exciting opportunity for you to participate as a full member of the team and be engaged in projects, such as company valuation, strategic advisory and execution of debt and equity offerings.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Playing a key role in financial analysis/ modeling, industry research, coordination of internal and external processes related to financing or sale
• Assisting in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials
• Generating innovative solutions to problems while effectively using available resources
• Building and utilizing strong knowledge of finance and capital markets to understand and meet client needs
• Developing effective working relationships to demonstrate a strong commitment to the Firm’s goals and values
• Striving to make a positive impact on the people around you, by being a team player and an effective project manager
• Taking ownership of projects to drive a process forward, and also seeking counsel from others
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or MBA in Finance, Economics, or a related field
• 2+ years of prior investment banking experience
• 2+ years of experience of working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience or knowledge of the Healthcare industry is preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge and prior experience with financial modeling, building, using and operating cash flow projections and credit financial analysis
• Teamwork skills and a positive attitude
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.