- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 03, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Reference Code: 00283306
Salary / Rate USD 200000 to 200000
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
AVP, Delta-1, Quantitative Trader
New York, New York
Barclays Capital Inc.
What will you be doing?
• On behalf of the trading division of a global financial services organization, build visualization and optimization tools for the trading desk.
• Develop models and prototypes based on large, complex data sets that will enable the business to capitalize on market opportunities as they arise, helping to grow the business revenues.
• Collaborate extensively with the Front Office (trading) team, technology and quantitative analytics to build and strengthen trading desk infrastructure and architecture.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to source high quality data inputs, standardize, and deploy for analytics to be used by the trading desk to make trading decisions.
• Spot automation opportunities, take leadership to resolve these, and propose alternative tooling.
• Apply in depth understanding of the desk built infrastructure, as well as core Equity derivative infrastructure platforms for risk management, pricing and marking.
• Liaise with stakeholders to understand the business objectives, and technical strategy of the platform, validate choice of prototype build, and independently build sustainable tools, solving problems as they arise.
• Present prototype to Product Managers and Trading desk heads (Directors and MD’s in the organization), and present recommendations to move these to strategic architecture.
• Draft and maintain detailed documentation explaining data sourcing, standardization, rational and alternatives considered, business inputs and the details of the actual technical code implementation and maintenance procedures of the tools.
What we’re looking for:
Minimum of Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Finance, Management Science & Engineering, Economics, Quantitative and Computational Finance, Operations Research, or related quantitative and mathematically focused field of study and at least two (2) years of experience as a Quantitative Modeler, Quantitative Analyst, Quantitative Developer, Risk Analyst, Data Analyst, or related occupation within financial services industry. Must have at least two (2) years of experience with each of the following required skills:
• Designing analytical projects including defining scope, developing hypotheses, and model selections;
• Developing and suggesting analytical tools and techniques to automate modeling processes;
• Interacting with clients and business parties to formulate deliverables;
• Building regression models following feature selection, variable transformation, binning routine, and stepwise regression procedures;
• Developing statistical models and performing time series analysis on historical data to find predictable patterns that can be utilized in prediction;
• R and Python programming to prototype models, integrate models into internal model execution framework, and develop internal development model tools;
• Exploring machine learning and data mining measures to solve problems and independently generate and pursue research topics.
• Implementing knowledge of architecture, product design principles, and proficiency in software development processes and best practices such as TDD and code review for large scale data applications.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our New York, New York location at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary/Rate Minimum/yr: $200,000
Salary/Rate Maximum/yr: $200,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
USD 200000 to 200000
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.