AVP Group Strategy
Date live: Apr. 08, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90283476
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Finance
Finance – Group Strategy
As a Barclays Finance Group Strategy team member, you will be working as part of a team that advises Group Executives and the Board in making informed decisions on the most pressing business challenges and opportunities facing Barclays. The Barclays’ Strategy team is responsible for identifying, setting, articulating and managing high profile strategic initiatives at the overall Group level, as well as for individual businesses’ CEOs.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Working on projects including: market assessments, improving operational efficiency across products and geographies, new business development and third party research
• Working with multiple work streams from a senior level perspective and juggling multiple deadlines and priorities
• Handling ambiguity and developing well thought out hypotheses, breaking down complex problems into manageable components solving systematically, consistently and logically
• Fostering and developing ongoing relationships, synthesize facts quickly all while balancing a number of differing opinions
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of services
• Good experience at a top tier Management Consulting firm or relevant team at an Investment Bank
• Fluency using our preferred analytical and communication tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word with outstanding written and verbal communication
• Awareness of trends in financial services as well as an intellectual curiosity for capital markets
Skills that will help you in the role:
• MBA or Advanced Degree from top tier institutions
• Advanced knowledge of capital markets products, FinTech, retail banking, payments and wealth management
• Familiarity with emerging trends and disruptive business models in financial markets
• Working knowledge of regulatory trends in financial services
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.