Business Oversight Compliance Vice-President
New York, NY
As a Barclays Business Oversight Compliance Vice-President, you will be focused on providing support for Cash Management products and services, and working with stakeholders to build out the local product set across Debt, Trade and Working Capital, Cash Management and FX. The candidate will ensure that new business proposals as well as existing processes, systems and controls comply with regulatory obligations and Barclays’ standards and principles.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Providing support and advice to Business and Compliance colleagues on applicable Policies, Standards, Procedures, Rules or Regulations and internal controls.
• Understanding of Information Barriers, Conflicts of Interest, Cross Border considerations & local laws, rules & regulations that impact the Banking Product set.
• Providing advice, support and oversight on new business initiatives and product launches with a focus on Cash Management, Digital Banking, Debt, Trade & Working Capital & FX activities.
• Conducting Compliance Verification Checks across applicable business areas.
• Providing oversight and guidance on remedial activities.
• Creating and distributing relevant MI to various stakeholders and governance forums.
• Conducting monitoring/surveillance across applicable business areas.
• Participating in ad hoc or project based reviews (new products, research, remediation, enhancements, etc.).
• Providing training on various Compliance topics.
What we’re looking for:
• 4-year college degree
• Experience within Compliance, Audit, Legal, Risk or Controls in a banking environment;
• Strong understanding of the 3LOD / Enterprise Risk Management Framework model.
• Experience with banking products and services and FRB/OCC Banking rules and Regulations.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Advanced technology skills (i.e. advanced excel, business requirements, process maps, SharePoint, etc.).
• Prior experience with NYS DFS Banking rules and regulations
• General knowledge of securities related rules and regulations;
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.