Internal Business Partner-Employee Communications VP
As a Barclays Vice President Employee Communications, you will be a key member of the Global team. Developing and executing internal strategies that align to the businesses’ goals and plans, working closely with senior executives to deliver a compelling vision and strategy. You will also provide end-to-end strategic advice on communication and employee engagement initiatives, and work closely with our brand, media, and social teams to ensure a strategic and consistent approach to storytelling.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Salary / Rate Minimum: 135,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: 170,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Using detailed, systematic insight research to help senior leaders understand employee sentiment, and empower them to communicate empathetically with their people
• Building belief in the strategy of the organisation, and the progress being made, with an exceptional focus on the impact employees have on the client experience
• Designing and implementing communication interventions that influence individual behaviour to create a culture built on the Barclays Mindset
• Creating communication interventions that build employee commitment and capability through organisational change
• Working closely with the senior team as part of the management response, focused on the role of employees in engaging clients
• Leading and developing a high-performing team, building individual skills and team capabilities
What we’re looking for:
• A well rounded understanding of the Investment Bank structure and business areas
• Experience of five plus years of employee engagement /internal communications
• B.S. or B.A. in Communications, Marketing Communications, Journalism, English, Economics or a closely-related field
• Drafting /editing content for a multitude of internal channels with innovative thinking
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Be a compassionate leader and a structured problem solver and operator, comfortable working with complexity and agility
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and time management skills
• Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness centre and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 135000 to 170000