Date live: 09/18/2020
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90269389
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Technology Developer - Syndicate
As a Barclays Technology Developer you will join a team that together plans, delivers and supports varied applications and projects related to Barclays’ global Syndicate business. This is a great opportunity for you to directly contribute to the success of ongoing efforts, including several high-profile projects; will have a chance to interact with Front Office business users and other colleagues to ensure business requirements are appropriately addressed using a modern tech stack.
What will you be doing?• Enhancing and supporting key applications used by colleagues and clients, and working directly and effectively with Front Office business stakeholders and end-users
• Ensuring the success of high-visibility projects by playing a key role in the team’s technology development efforts as we onboard strategic systems and build out new functionality
• Becoming an expert in the team’s data model, including the underlying business logic, and work with colleagues to help them analyze, understand, improve and report on our data
• Designing and improving tools used to report key data points to downstream and external data consumers and systems
• Helping the team evolve and improve its development practices by suggesting and implementing emerging technologies and best practices
• Playing a key role in improving the team’s DevOps pipeline, including a focus on test automation
What we’re looking for:• Five years of C#/.Net experience developing client-side applications and server-side code,
• Expert knowledge of web technologies, frameworks and scripting languages (HTML5, AngularJS, React, etc.)
• SQL development experience – a strong ability to write and enhance efficient database queries, stored procedures, views and functions, and an affinity for data analysis and data modeling
• REST API experience – extensive knowledge of working with APIs, web services and data, including the ability to deploy, improve, support and troubleshoot
Skills that will help you in the role:• Solid understanding of a successful technology stack, distributed architecture, systems integration, cloud computing (especially AWS), and mobile
• Salesforce, Apex, Visualforce, SOQL and data loading experience
• Unit and automation testing experience – a passion for owning and improving the team’s DevOps CI/CD pipeline
• Able to understand business requirements, while working closely with Front Office end-users and other colleagues who have varying degrees of technical understanding
Where will you be working?You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our ValuesEverything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet