Chief of Staff - Regulatory Relations & Policy
New York, NY
As a Barclays Chief of Staff - Regulatory Relations & Policy (RR&P) you will provide executive support to the Global Head in executing the teams’ strategic objectives by facilitating the day-to-day management and coordination of RR&P deliverables to internal/external stakeholders. A centre of excellence within the Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility function, the RR&P group functions as the single point of contact for all of Barclays regulators globally.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Managing schedule and deliverables to Global Head, escalating issues and liaising between Global Head and responsible owners
• Managing of agendas and materials for fortnightly Senior Leadership Team calls and quarterly Town Halls
• Coordinating with Business Management on matters of finance, resources, and Function-wide initiatives as they impact the RR&P team
• Reviewing monthly financials, identifying anomalies and working with business managers/finance to resolve as necessary
• Tracking team headcount, managing hiring approval process and maintaining/updating team organizational charts
• Coordinating and managing CSI breaches on behalf of the Contact with Regulators Policy and provide inputs into the annual risk assessment (RCSA)
• Designing a team communication plan and oversee each team events, organize and generate content as required for successful delivery
• Setting team travel plans and reviewing/managing expenses to budget
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years’ experience as a Business Manager or Chief of Staff
• Excellent organization and communication skills, especially written
• Ability to self-manage and engage management appropriately and constructively
• High levels of initiative, problem solving and prioritization skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• High degree of social skills when dealing with a range of people and situations
• Self-starter/proactive, independent worker, recognize priorities and manage expectations accordingly
• Experience of dealing with or knowledge of regulators
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.