Corporate Secretary, Vice-President
As a Barclays Corporate Secretary, Vice-President you will provide corporate secretarial expertise to BCS-US in furtherance of its delivery of company secretarial services to US legal entities as well as with respect to various elements of planning and administering to the Board of Directors of the IHC and its Committees. You will also work collaboratively with VP and AVP, team colleagues and the broader team in support of the BCS-US objectives under the leadership of the Regional Head.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as Secretary for regulated entities, Barclays US Holdings, Barclays Group US, BCI, and New York Branch and Cayman Islands Branch Committees
• Liaising with the Chairman and senior executives, including assistance with scheduling meetings, preparing draft agendas, liaising with meeting presenters, preparing and disseminating Board materials
• Attending and minuting board meetings, tracking and closing action items flowing from Board and Committee meetings to ensure they are timely addressed
• Assisting with the provision of high-level secondary support to current VP and AVP for certain elements of planning and administering to the Board of Directors of the IHC and its Committees
• Managing Director induction and onboarding processes, Director conflicts of interest and other Director compliance or governance matters
• Driving the development, mentoring, coaching and performance management of direct report(s) and providing appropriate oversight over their day-to-day workflows, execution and prioritization
• Overseeing the preparation and filing of annual and other reports required for state registrations; liaise with tax and finance departments, as applicable
• Liaising with colleagues and external advisors in relation to entity records and Barclays’ governance policies and overseeing, updating and maintaining Legal Entity Database for US entities (Blueprint)
What we’re looking for:
• Law or top-level business or bachelor degree and 4+ years of banking, financial, corporate or legal experience
• Demonstrated, sophisticated corporate secretary and governance experience, preferably in a complex financial institution
• Ability to write and produce high-quality Board and Committee meeting minutes for highly regulated entities
• Ability to prioritize workload and can produce high quality work products, even under pressure, with a minimal amount of supervision
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience dealing with external directors
• Prior experience in corporate, banking sector or financial services industry a plus;
• Able to navigate a complex organization.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.