Hedge Fund Credit Manager AVP
As a Barclays Hedge Fund Credit Manager you will be a part of the credit risk management (evaluation of risk/ exposure management) of credit risk within the Hedge Fund and Asset Manager sectors. Our Risk teams protect our financial performance and reputation. Our team members have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines, tackling issues from economic conditions to financial crime. They advise Barclays’ business leaders, helping them make decisions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function whilst ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff
• Conducting due diligence and write credit papers for new clients, annual reviews
• Provide hands-on support to the team to ensure that appropriate action is taken to mitigate credit risk, where sector difficulties or client specific difficulties are identified
• Maintaining data integrity of appropriate Credit Risk systems (e.g. GCIS) and ensure they reflect the approved sanction
• Approving utilization of sanctioned limits within discretion and resolve excesses
• Ensuring that the approvals are within the defined limits and mandate and scale set for the sector
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Solid years of experience in the financial industry
• Exceptional level of working knowledge of risk metrics including VaR, PFE and stress testing
• Excellent product knowledge across derivative and financing products
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent knowledge of ISDA and other relevant master agreement documentation and credit terms
• Exceptional level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
• Solid knowledge of capital markets business and clients
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.