Credit Risk Manager- Emerging Markets
Date live: Jan. 06, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90274667
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Risk and Quantitative Analytics
Credit Risk Manager - Emerging Markets
As a Barclays Credit Risk Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of sovereign, financial institutions and corporate clients within the Latin America region with exposure booked to Barclays Bank PLC’s balance sheet. You will be engaged in ongoing analysis of exposures including excess and exceptions reporting, completion of credit applications, assessment of new transaction requests from the Front Office including correlated debt financing, lending, trade finance and derivatives.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Analyzing counterparty credit quality, risk and exposure
- Analyzing facility structures both Primary and Traded products including credit mitigations
- Analyzing new transactions / clients and preparation of credit applications / applications from Junior Credit Officers
- Conducting portfolio analysis and setting associated risk appetites
- Conducting ad hoc risk analysis of market and macroeconomic events
- Preparing counterparty and portfolio level applications / reports and presentation of analysis and results to senior management as necessary
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of risk systems and tools
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, focusing on Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent years of service
- In-depth risk management experience across client types in Latin American jurisdictions and excellent knowledge of financing and traded products
- Review and analysis of constitutional documentation, quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine risk appetite and an internal credit grade, including peer comparisons
- Understanding of country risk appetite and processes and knowledge of Emerging Markets jurisdictions and counterparties
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Expert knowledge of the suit of Microsoft products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- FRM/ CFA qualification
- Previous experience in negotiating legal documents (Loan Agreements, ISDA, GMRA, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.