- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 19, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Research
Reference Code: 90373616
Salary / Rate USD 125000 to 170000
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Credit Strategy Research Analyst
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Credit Strategy Research Analyst, you will be focused on the synthesis, development, and expression of the firm’s view on the US Investment Grade Markets. You will have a genuine interest in macroeconomic and microeconomic data and trends and their impact on the credit markets. The US Credit Strategy team provides in-depth and broad-based analysis of the investment grade, high yield, leveraged loan, and securitized markets within the US.
Salary / Rate Minimum: 125,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: 170,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with senior members of research to determine the content of the weekly Barclays Tuesday Credit Call
• You will be responsible for identifying/ researching relevant topics of discussion from both a macroeconomic and credit perspective
• Being able to leverage the firm’s research from other disciplines (including economics, equities, interest rates, and FX)
• Managing the end-to-end process of producing and publishing the Tuesday Credit Call on a weekly basis
• Interacting with leadership across credit research and credit trading as well as research analysts across credit, rates, and economics
• Working with large data sets and analyzing data to substantiate market views or discover salient and market-moving drivers
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree and relevant financial services industry experience
• A solid understanding of the credit market is helpful
• Fantastic verbal and written communicator who enjoys collaborating with others with exemplary interpersonal skills
• Solid financial experience including financial modeling, financial statement analysis and supporting large data sets will help you excel in this role
Skills that will help you in the role:
• This role requires FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S7, however, if you are not registered, we will offer sponsorship that will allow you to achieve this
• Your analytical and problem-solving skills and a resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit will help you work effectively in our team environment
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 125000 to 170000
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.