Senior Manager - Americas Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)
New York, NY
As a Barclays Senior Manager - Americas Diversity & Inclusion(D&I) you will be responsible for helping to drive the continued evolution and delivery of Barclays D&I strategy across our business in the Americas leading to further success both within and outside the business. This your opportunity to take ownership of driving forward some of our core D&I agendas and campaigns, as well as partnering with teams to embed the D&I strategy, and support them in its delivery.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Providing specialist D&I advice and support in the Americas to drive the D&I strategy around agreed business areas, agendas, campaigns and regions
• Proactively engaging with business units and teams across all Barclays locations, businesses and campuses to build awareness and understanding of the importance of D&I
• Leading on agreed specific projects/campaigns/initiatives on behalf of the team, supporting and engaging the US based D&I networks to encourage collaboration
• Helping build a level of D&I competency and capability within HR, in particular the wider team, so that it is embedded in core business and decision-making
• Ensuring robust reporting & governance around D&I work streams & manage agreed budgets both directly through centrally driven expenditure & indirectly through networks
• Contributing to building our position as a leader, reinforcing our commitment to the principles of equal opportunities and drive to be an employer of choice for diverse talent
• Interpreting & leveraging data around the diversity of employees within the business, with a focus on our workforce profile which records employee’s different classifications
• Collating relevant reporting to meet agreed US benchmarks and regulatory commitments and enable the business to make informed decision-making around D&I
What we’re looking for:
• Exceptional years of experience of working with or delivering diversity/inclusion programs with an understanding of how such activities can further the objectives other business.
• Proven years of working experience within US Equal Employment Opportunities requirements and regulatory reporting and the implications for the business.
• Previous years of working experience with building relationships with senior stakeholders.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A self-driven, strong project manager comfortable with managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• An enthusiastic communicator with a passion for D&I, confident in championing our agendas and campaigns through all forms of communications, both written and spoken.
• A collaborative team player committed to developing themselves and others, ideally with experience of supervising or coaching team members to help them grow in their roles.
• An ability to draw conclusions from data and research, & interpret these to support the business case for D&I & have technical skills for translating this into engaging presentations.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.