Equity Research Analyst
This role is regulated by FINRA
As a Barclays Equity Research Analyst, you will be analyzing industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the US Specialty Retail, Apparel & E-commerce Senior Analyst. You will enjoy a diverse range of work and expand your experience as you prepare research reports that vary in size and scope. With the experience and depth of resources, Global Equity Research is dedicated to providing insightful analysis of global stock markets and companies.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
• Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by team
• Researching, analyzing and forecasting the impact of technology as well as varying corporate strategies
• Writing research reports varying from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces
• Communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
• Developing marketing materials for clients and attend industry conferences where appropriate
What we’re looking for:
• You will have a Bachelor’s degree and preferably relevant experience in Equity Research or Investment Banking (sector is not essential)
• A fantastic verbal and written communicator who enjoys collaborating with others
• Solid financial experience including financial modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets will help you excel in this role
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You will require FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87 in this role. However, if you are not registered, we will offer sponsorship that will allow you to achieve this licensing
• Your analytical and problem solving skills and a resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit will help you work effectively in our team environment
• You will have demonstrated ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria and fitness center.