eTrading Compliance Analyst
New York, New York
Barclays Services Corp.
What will you be doing?
• On behalf of global financial services firm, build testing infrastructure for Compliance business to verify algorithmic strategies are implemented per Electronic Trading Governance & Control (ETGC) standards
• Develop scenarios to validate the outputs of Equities scheduling algorithms including, but not limited to, Time Weighted Average Price (TWAP) & Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP)
• Leverage data querying tools such as VBA, SQL, Q and Python to perform highly quantitative and qualitative data pulls for Verification Checks (VCs), including Last Look/Holding Time profiles in Fixed Income, Latency assessment for order routers in Equities, to enhance the second line of control to support Global Compliance Services (GCS)
• Perform financial data analysis using Q & Tableau in order to summarize trade data and exposure levels from various trading systems
• Working with Product Advisory teams to provide coverage for Equity, Futures, and Credit Electronic Trading businesses, including certifying operational arrangements with exchanges, ensuring system capacity, conformance testing & regression testing for venue connectivity
• Continuously monitor regulatory developments to assess impact on Electronic trading functions such as algorithmic trading and high-speed trading platforms
• Conduct lessons learnt analysis by studying enforcement actions and supervisory violations levied upon competitor financial institutions to ensure similar issues do not occur
• Utilize understanding of financial products including FX, Equities, Credit, and Fixed Income and hedging algorithms in the electronic trading space, in order to validate them for their stated functions both from a conduct risk perspective and to quantitatively check and challenge
• Review material changes from a code change perspective, understanding trading, predictive and risk hedging models, and the underlying assumptions, data, the impact of various macroeconomic conditions, and the transaction monitoring and business objectives, from an electronic trading compliance perspective
• Create Process Flow Diagrams of Algorithmic Trading Systems using Microsoft Visio for Process Improvement Planning
• Create Macros using Excel to maintain and visualize multiple electronic trading compliance related projects and track their progress
• Performing back testing activities to observe deviations from historical statistics of an algorithm and understand overall patterns and trends due to the impact of market volatility and anomalies
• Validate algorithm behavior during stressed market conditions and conduct walkthroughs with Quantitative Developers to derive the assumptions and business objectives behind setting PnL limits
What we’re looking for:
• Requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management of Technology, or related technical field and three (3) years of experience in role offered, as a Computer Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer/Developer, or in a related role. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in stated fields and five (5) years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in stated occupations
• Must have knowledge of Agile methodology processes (Scrum, Kanban); Technology infrastructure (databases, protocols, engines); Enterprise Data Systems; JSON, XML, and Spring MVC Framework; and MS Visio and SharePoint to perform business modelling and create use cases
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our New York, New York location at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary/Rate Minimum/yr: $190,000
Salary/Rate Maximum/yr: $190,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
USD 190000 to 190000