Date live: Apr. 08, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90282817
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Finance
Finance Executive Secretary
As a Barclays Finance Executive Secretary, you will be providing professional and administrative support to the Regional Head of Barclays Strategy who is located in New York (NY). You will also have the opportunity to work closely with administrative team in the United Kingdom (UK). You will be working with the Group Strategy team who provides Corporate Development expertise to Barclays, as well as managing all Group Strategy projects for the firm.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Scheduling appointments without reference using judgement to prioritize meeting requests from both internal and external people
• Ensuring the NY Regional Head is always in the correct place on time with all relevant materials
• Liaising with management and staff regarding a wide range of ongoing matters and ensuring all actions and paperwork are coordinated in preparation for meetings
• Booking all travel arrangements, accommodation, and currency, then prepare travel itineraries under own initiative
• Monitoring all phone calls and emails, taking necessary action personally or diverting to other areas, referring to executives only on essential matters
• Collating both cash and Company Barclaycard receipts and preparing expense claim
• Managing holiday records, logging sickness, stationary orders, SAP expenses claims, booking meetings rooms and video conferences (VCs)
• Providing cover to other PAs within the department for holiday and sickness
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of services
• Good administrative experience, or equivalent overall experience
• Demonstrated advanced MS Office skills, primarily in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work in a team environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• General knowledge of Company policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge
• Flexibility to work hours as needed across multiple time zones depending on the work location of the executives being supported
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.