FX Middle Office Analyst
Date live: Jan. 14, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90275910
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
FX Middle Office Analyst
New York, NY
As a Barclays FX Middle Office Analyst, you will work alongside regional counterparts of a growing macro business to support the FX (Foreign Exchange) cash and derivatives markets businesses globally. As a team member for the New York team, you will manage all BAU controls and escalations on a daily basis. In addition, you will have an opportunity to work for the Global Head of FX in project work, driving initiatives and any ad-hoc analysis.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Performing Markets Trade Validation, Markets life-cycle Management, Market Data & Valuation Controlling Services, Clearing Management across Cash and Derivatives
• Managing any start of day issues, such as system failures, London EOD (End of Day) handover and unresolved issues from the previous day
• Checking and signing off all EOD processes while taking the lead on any EOD issues to resolve and escalate effectively
• Reviewing processes to spot control gaps or smarter ways of performing them
• Maintaining, understanding and enhancing our controls in order to mitigate Operational risk and help to meet our regulatory requirements
• Working with internal clients, such as Trade Capture Utility, Trading, Settlements, Confirmations and IBMO (Investment Banking Middle Office) peers in other asset classes
What we’re looking for:
• Relevant banking experience (Middle Office, preferably in FX and Rates)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft office
• Understanding of FX Markets and products including Derivatives
• Experience in Rates would be advantageous,
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficiency with VBA and macro knowledge
• Awareness and understanding of Regulation Changes
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent focus on risk and control
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.