LATAM Corporate Credit Trader
New York City
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays LATAM Corporate Credit Trader, you will be involved in market-making in corporations that operate in Latin America. Corporations in LATAM operate across the ratings spectrum. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your understanding of investment grade, high yield, and distressed/ defaulted companies. As a Corporate Credit Trader, you will balance sovereign risk and themes, with individual technicals and corporate fundamentals to make sound risk decisions.
Salary/ Rate Minimum: $125,000.00
Salary/ Rate Maximum: $160,000.00
The minimum and maximum salary/ rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Market-making of LATAM corporate credits
• Coordinating with Barclays’ sales and research teams on color, axes, trade ideas and content
• Working with both desk and publishing analysts to understand credit fundamentals and ideas
• Collaborating with the rest of the corporates and sovereigns trading team on risk reports, positions, and other daily tasks
• Supporting and building upon Barclays’ top franchise across LATAM
• Proactively and consistently communicating with clients and sales through all market conditions
• Thinking critically and analytically in a fast-paced environment where decisions must often be made without complete information
What we’re looking for:
• Aptitude for thinking quickly and critically in a fast-paced environment while taking risk in volatile markets
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with sales and clients
• Prior experience with financial markets in a front office sales or trading role, ideally in credit
• Working knowledge and prior experience in corporate or credit analysis with the ability to analyze a company from a fundamental/bottoms-up approach
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Quantitative skillset to build upon existing tools, as well as innovate and develop new frameworks
• Functional understanding of IG/ HY bonds and CDS
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 125000 to 160000