Market Risk Manager, Non-Agency Securitized Products- AVP
Date live: Dec. 23, 2020
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90274686
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Risk and Quantitative Analytics
Market Risk Manager
As a Barclays Market Risk Manager you will be engaged in managing the market risk for the Securitized Products business. You will become aware of all the different market risk positions in order to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to accurately report to the risk management and business teams. In this role you will have the opportunity to work cross functionally to ensure that all trading activity follows the risk framework and act as a subject matter expert on this to the greater team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying and evaluating market risks associated with Securitized Products business
• Understanding and refining existing Risk Appetite parameters
• Implementing effective trade sanctioning framework (limits, stresses, etc)
• Supporting the Non Agency Market Risk lead in analysis related to new product evaluation and onboarding
• Ensuring efficient implementation of risk controls in daily processes and procedures
• Collaborating across teams to ensure timely NAPA and risk model approvals
What we’re looking for:
• Degree in a technical field such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
• Significant experience in a markets role or equivalent in Risk, Finance or QA
• Strong quantitative and analytical background with an understanding of risk management concepts and statistical measures
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of products, trading strategies and price discovery mechanisms in traded markets and Securitized Products space highly desirable
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders
• MBA, CFA, CAIA, or FRM is considered a plus
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.