Portfolio Management Sector Analyst – Vice President
As a Barclays Portfolio Management Sector Analyst you’ll manage loan exposures in their respective sectors, participate in underwriting diligence processes & act as gatekeepers and voting members within the firm’s capital commitment process. As responsible stewards of Barclays’ balance sheet, interact with colleagues across Industry and Sponsor Coverage, Leveraged Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Global Lending Group, Syndicate, Credit Risk, and Legal to help formulate solutions for clients while striving to meet Barclays’ profitability goals.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $155,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $215,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enables us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Performing bottoms up fundamental credit analysis
• Leading and assisting in primary diligence and in structuring/negotiating terms for new capital commitments and decisions
• Assessing and scrutinizing projected fee opportunity from new and existing client relationships
• Evaluating and voting on new capital commitments, amendment requests, and restructuring proposals
• Monitoring credits on an ongoing basis for changes in borrowings, credit quality, and fees received
• Managing loan sale recommendations by assisting client-facing colleagues with structuring and negotiating complex transactions
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Management
• Five plus years of corporate credit analysis or similar experience
• Good interactive skills and ability to interface with various internal stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Significant experience in leveraged credit
• Experience reading credit agreements
• Knowledge of financial markets
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 155000 to 215000