Prime Brokerage Payments Analyst
Date live: Feb. 04, 2021
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90277100
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Prime Brokerage Payments Analyst
New York, NY
As a Barclays Prime Brokerage Payments Analyst, you will be on a team with direct faceoff to the prime clients; making payments & resolving breaks on a timely manner by investigation and bookings/ cancellations/ amends. You will use your good understanding of the Prime Brokerage business and ability to liaise with all areas of the business including Sales, Trading, Middle Office and the clients to ensure issues are resolved.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Working within a control focused environment, with processes that are performed at the highest level, minimizing any operational risk and closing key breaks in a timely manner
• Managing payments, Nostros, breaks resolution and client servicing
• Upholding the controls and procedures for the team, review and update as necessary
• Building good relationships with Prime Clients and Internal stakeholders, with the ability to communicate issues/ breaks with reasoned and detailed argument
• Comprehending and suitably responding to detailed enquiries from Global clients, relating to complex trade positions and discrepancy resolution
• Making timely decisions relating to risk mitigation versus client service when dealing with escalations from junior team members
• Proactively identifying ways to improve the control environment while ensuring compliance with various regulations around securities custody and reporting
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in Payments/ Settlements
• Understanding of SSI’s (Standing Settlement Instructions) & SWIFTS
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Reconciliation experience
• Basic understanding for Settlement & SSI
• Ability to handle escalations
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.