Do you thrive on challenge?
Barclays makes markets in nearly all major asset classes, providing sophisticated, timely solutions to our clients. Our Sales and Trading team works in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting environment, quickly processing information and anticipating market trends to help clients make their next move. Sound like the place for you? Find out when you join us as a summer analyst.
The chance to make an impact
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer learning about the market as well as Barclays’ global businesses, products and services. You will complete three rotations on different Sales and Trading desks across the following areas:
- financial resource management
- client strategy
- equity financing
- foreign exchange
Through your desk assignments, you’ll develop a solid understanding of the global markets, building your communication, quantitative and analytical skills. You may:
- research industries or products, reporting summary information to your team
- monitor markets and help formulate trade ideas
- perform various analyses on fundamental and technical data
- attend client meetings or calls with traders, salespeople and research colleagues.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the program, you will:
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Sales and Trading analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
- be an undergraduate student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 - June 2024.
Ideally, you would also have:
- a GPA of 3.2 or above
- resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.