Structured Credit Trader
Date live: Jul. 30, 2020
Location: New York
Reference Code: 90265459
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Structured Credit Trader
New York, NY
IAR - This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
What will you be doing?• Assisting with risk management of liquid credit financing business, with the goal of eventually owning day-to-day risk management and hedging, and trading
• You will be supporting with the buildout of dedicated Structured Credit Trading infrastructure
• Aiding with the sourcing, negotiation, structuring, and memorialization of new revenue opportunities
• You will be assisting with risk management of ‘lower touch’ potion of illiquid credit financing business
What we’re looking for:• Familiarity with basic structured credit trade structures: reverse repurchase agreements, total return swaps, credit agreements/loans
• Experience with documentation associated with basic structured credit trade structures
• Understanding of all the lifecycle events and cash flows associated with basic structured credit trade structures
• Ability to analyze the liquidity profile of different types of collateral that might underlie transactions (e.g. corporate credit obligations either secured or unsecured)
Skills that will help you in the role:• Proven knowledge of structured credit trade structures: reverse repurchase agreements, total return swaps, securitization structures, credit default swaps, credit agreements/loans
• Previous experienceof associated hedging instruments: repurchase agreements, total return swaps, securitization/repack structures, etc
• Full command of documentation associated with basic structured credit trade structures, including experience reviewing and negotiating documentation
Where will you be working?You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our ValuesEverything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.