Swap Dealer Compliance, Vice-President
New York, NY
As a Barclays Swap Dealer Compliance, Vice-President, you will support the existing swap dealer program and aide the implementation and embedment of the new SEC Swap Dealer Registration requirements, working with and building out where necessary our existing CFTC/NFA Dodd Frank compliance program with its associated policies and procedures. This position will require providing sound and targeted Swap Dealer advice to Compliance colleagues and the Markets Operational and Business management teams.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting in responding to regulatory inquiries, audits, examinations and investigations, and liaising with regulators (SEC, CFTC & NFA)
• Assisting the direct advisory officers in their day to day coverage of front office swap dealer questions, matters and queries globally which includes the global impact
• Serving as an escalation point for non-compliance issues and assist with managing and tracking non-compliance issues
• Participating on the monthly Swap Dealer Working Group and contributing to decisions on escalations to the Swap dealer business council
• Assisting in drafting CCO annual reports and NFA annual questionnaire for the firm's SD entities
• Overseeing regulatory filings such as ReR, risk metrics and swap valuation dispute filings are being carried out effectively by the respective teams
• Assisting testing partners with their assessment of the effectiveness of all in-scope CFTC and SEC and NFA rules and developing and maintaining reports for review by senior management in Compliance
• Assisting the development and implementation of the Firm's Security Based Swap Dealer compliance program, including facilitating SBSD registration and embedding this into BAU
What we’re looking for:
• Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as remediating existing ones
• Project involvement and/or project management experience involving large groups would be ideal
Skills that will help you in the role:
• 4+ years’ experience in CFTC, SEC, NFA swap dealer regulations
• NFA Proficiency Requirement Completion and/or Finra Series 7
• Solid overall product knowledge and regulatory experience within the OTC derivatives and swap dealer businesses
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.