Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Overall Purpose of the Role
As a Barclays Vice President (VP) of Securitized Products you will support and ensure that the firm's securitized products portfolio is appropriately valued, based on a combination of analysis of market data inputs. Conducting reviews and assessments of the pricing models and methodologies used at both a portfolio and individual trade level. Being responsible for performing regular price verification, providing oversight of provision and reserve methodologies and regular measurement and reporting of Regulatory Prudent Valuations.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Focusing on price testing fair value positions within Securitized Products business: (CMBS, RMBS, CLO, ABS, Loans)
• Calculating applicable fair value and Additional Valuation Adjustments for fair value positions. Review of methodologies for securitized products covered
• Discussing, reporting and escalation to front office and senior management of price testing results, fair value, levelling, prudent valuation, and model reserves
• Being responsible for liaising with trading/business heads, product control, risk management and quantitative departments on valuation and modelling issues
• Being responsible for reviewing and development of new valuation methodologies for new products
• Being responsible for investigating of pricing / model uncertainty in methodology and parameters used
• Having significant involvement in regional and global ad hoc projects / investigation
• Exceptional financial product and market knowledge, with previous experience with Securitized Products in a valuations or risk management role.
• Experience and proven track record in dealing with junior and senior members of Front office, Line Product Control and Risk management teams across various locations.
• Proactive and assertive in identifying control or valuation concerns, challenging the business and driving control improvement for their area.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present / explain complex issues in simple terms with stakeholders from Trading, Finance, market Risk and IT across different levels.
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. Able to multi-task and prioritize own request.
• Able to hit the ground running in Excel (including VBA, Python or other automation tools), market data terminals Bloomberg / Reuters and other vendor pricing sources
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.