Vice President - Credit Risk Officer (Hedge Funds)
As a Barclays Vice President - Credit Risk Officer (Hedge Funds), you will be part of a beacon of innovation and financial stewardship. In this pivotal role, you'll be responsible for navigating the intricate world of hedge funds, shaping the future of finance with every decision. Your expertise will guide risk appetite assessments, trade approvals, and the structuring of deals that safeguard our legacy and our clients' futures.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $150,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $196,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Upholding the integrity of our credit risk framework, supporting the goals of our Front Office
• Performing due diligence, crafting credit analyses for new and existing clients
• Identifying and mitigating credit risks, ensuring appropriate actions are taken
• Requesting increases and changes in limits following Credit approval
• Managing and maintaining the accuracy of our Credit Risk systems, ensuring they reflect sanctioned approvals
• Championing a culture of excellence, mentoring junior staff, and contributing to strategic decisions with your deep understanding of risk metrics and financial products
What we’re looking for:
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and at least three years of credit due diligence experience
• Self-motivated, with a proven track record of achieving goals, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to mentor
• Exceptional knowledge and understanding of risk metrics, derivatives, and financing products, coupled with superb communication skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• An intrinsic drive and self-motivation, coupled with a proven ability to deliver results; a history of setting, pursuing, and achieving goals, as well as adhering to timelines
• Advanced analytical capabilities, with a keen eye for detail; with the capacity for overarching decision-making while also being capable of guiding less experienced colleagues
• A robust understanding of risk metrics, i.e., Value at Risk (VaR), Potential Future Exposure (PFE), & stress testing, with a product knowledge spanning derivatives & financing products
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; adept at conveying complex concepts and ideas with clarity and precision
Where will you be working?
Your new home will be our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue, a 37-story office tower in the heart of Manhattan. Here, innovation meets tradition; a place where you are encouraged to leave things better than you found them, supported by state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant, inclusive culture.
Join us at Barclays and be a part of shaping the future of finance, leveraging your expertise to make a positive, enduring impact on our clients and the broader community.
USD 150000 to 196000