Vice President, Americas Management
New York, NY
As a Barclays VP, Americas Management, you will be responsible for operating the process for independent review of the US intermediate holding company's capital planning process. You will also support the duties of the CEO, Barclays Americas and the broader team in strategic initiatives and regular operations for the region. This team manages Strategy of global/regional alignment and coordination, governance and internal controls, regulatory engagement and initiatives, communications, business, and cost management.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $150,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $185,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting execution of the independent challenge and evaluation process of the US intermediate holding company's annual capital plan submission
• Reviewing key components of the IHC (intermediate holding company) capital plan to ensure regulatory requirements and senior management expectations are met
• Providing independent evaluation of work product deliverables related to select regulatory remediation programs to ensure intended outcomes were reached
• Being responsible for reviewing select regulatory submissions to ensure clear, concise and consistent messaging across them
• Identifying and problem solving for competing regulatory requirements; presenting ideas for innovative solutions to management
• Supporting the Director and the broader Barclays Americas team in enabling delivery of regional priorities
• Supporting the CEO, Barclays Americas, and the broader Ex-Committee in representing the region internally and externally
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge and understanding of US regulatory requirements with respect to capital planning and stress testing
• Excellent analytical and communication skills, with attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
• Relevant experience in supporting capital, stress testing and/or regulatory projects
• Experience with US regulators, CCAR, Capital Planning and/or rules/guidance interpretation preferred
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to US capital planning and stress testing; similar regulatory requirements may be considered as well
• Experience working with senior stakeholders
• Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail and an ability to work independently on a variety of competing tasks
• Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and a flexible team player, able to multi-task and work through conflicting priorities
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 150000 to 185000