VP Leverage Finance
As a Barclays Vice President of Leverage Finance, you get an opportunity to understand the drivers, opportunities and challenges of the US leveraged finance markets, and you will gain an extensive experience in Leveraged Finance transactions and to be familiar with all associated credit products including their inherent risks as well as best practices with regard to the execution of protective legal documentation and other risk mitigants.
Salary / Rate Minimum: 150,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: 196,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function while supporting the Front Office
• Using expert lender experience to support deal teams through early engagement and providing input into shaping and structuring transactions
• Preparing credit papers for approval with the relevant approver and, where appropriate, present at relevant Credit Committees
• Monitoring client performance and manage timely identification of adverse risks within the portfolio and early engagement / referral to Special Asset Management where appropriate
• Approving holds and amendments within discretion and ensure risk is consistent with regulatory expectations
• Reporting portfolio themes both from a macro and a counterparty-specific point of view to senior stakeholders, on an ad-hoc as well as in regular risk reviews
• Participating in broader projects and initiatives for Risk
What we’re looking for:
• Good knowledge of leveraged finance and banking products, including derivatives documentation and terms
• Good analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to provide big picture decision making, and ability to mentor and train junior staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
Skills that will help you in the role:
• An MBA, CFA and / or Formal Credit training
• Extensive credit experience in Leveraged Finance risk and transactions
• Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships at a senior level
• Decision making and problem solving in a complex environment and a knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the portfolio
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness centre and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 150000 to 196000