Securitized Products Attorney – Vice President (VP)
As a Barclays Securitized Products Attorney - VP you will be involved in the financing, structuring, syndication, issuance, trading and distribution of Securitized Products, focusing on RMBS, CMBS and residential mortgages. Advising the transaction committees and working with business personnel, advising the relevant businesses on regulatory developments and legal issues that arise. You will assist the businesses in managing legal and reputational risks of the firm’s transactions and activities.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Salary/ Rate Minimum: $250,750
Salary/ Rate Maximum: $310,250
The minimum and maximum salary/ rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with business personnel and other related stakeholders to manage the execution of Securitization transactions and the legal issues relating to them
• Engaging in regular discussions with stakeholders to ensure transaction execution and Legal risk management are being conducted in accordance with commercial objectives
• Manage the execution and maintaining form documentation for the relevant coverage areas and ensure that deals reflect a consistent approach to offering document disclosure
• Leading matters and negotiation of legal agreements including engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements, and ancillary letter agreements
• Presenting updates on transaction matters and reporting on legal and regulatory developments
• Working to ensure a consistent approach to legal issues affecting the Securitized Products businesses
• Holding a deep knowledge of investment banking and industry practices through ongoing review of transactions and dialogue with peers at other institutions and law firms
• Contributing to industry-wide initiatives including participating in SIFMA and SFA working groups that address structured finance matters
What we’re looking for:
• Practicing attorney admitted to the bar in New York with experience at a top tier law firm
• Knowledge of US securities laws and broker-dealer regulation
• Possess legal analytical skills and expertise in securitization
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience advising and/or working at an investment bank is desirable
• Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions
• Written and verbal English language skills; foreign language skill is a plus
• Proven skills in legal and regulatory risk management.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building
USD 250750 to 310250