VP Reputation Risk and Governance
As a Barclays VP Reputation Risk and Governance you’ll be responsible for all aspects of first line of defence Governance, Risk & Control for Reputational Risk. You’ll be Managing new company-wide policies, standards and processes and driving continuous improvement in adherence and knowledge within the newly established Reputation Risk Horizontal. You’ll be working closely with the Sustainability, Communications, Events & Brand teams amongst others, to develop, implement & embed group wide policies, standards & governance for Reputational Risk.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Salary/ Rate Minimum: 140,000
Salary/ Rate Maximum: 180,000
The minimum and maximum salary/ rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Overseeing the investigation and remediation of risk issues, dispensations, waivers and breaches, communicating requirements and outcomes with senior stakeholders
• Extracting and interpreting of data, metrics and key indicators for use in Reputation Risk reporting, monitoring and testing
• Participating in the coordination, committee effectiveness and outcomes of the Reputation Risk Horizontal Control Forum, including monitoring of Forum actions
• Oversight and management of the Reputation Risk control environment, business unit maturity interlocks and the ORAC control library
• Leading on multiple issues (sometimes interrelated), across numerous disciplines
• Partaking in the RCSA, CERPA or assessment and reporting processes for the Reputational Risk Horizontal across Barclays
• Assisting with the rollout and embedment of the Reputation Risk Management Framework across the bank globally
• Handling the closure of audit and regulatory actions relating to the management of Reputation Risk, including preparing closure and materials
What we’re looking for:
• Solid skills in control, audit, governance, and risk management
• Deep knowledge of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, RCSA, Senior Manager Regime activities, Key Risks in particular Conduct and Reputational Risk
• Highly numerate and able to review and interpret financial information
• High degree of proactivity and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Deep knowledge of Barclays, its systems, processes, and organization
• Extensive experience working in a fast paced highly regulated financial services environment
• Experience of working in a marketing and communications team
• Knowledge of reputation risk issues, how these may be managed, mitigated, and governed
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 140000 to 180000