ER Direct Adminstrator
Date live: Jan. 14, 2021
Reference Code: 90276016
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: HR
Job Title: ER Direct Adminstrator
The role holder will provide specialist advice and coaching to Line Managers and drive the resolution of DC&G cases, with managers. Key areas include:
• Investigations and suspensions
• Disciplinary processes (misconduct and gross misconduct)
• Capability processes (including Performance Improvement Plans and Attendance Improvement Plans)
• Complaints and Grievance processes
• Sickness Management
What will you be doing?
• Manage a caseload of D&G cases and help the line managers get it right first time and minimisation of cases escalating from informal to formal stage.
• Managing robustness/rigour around case handling/documentation, ensuring impartiality of investigations and consider frameworks that will support in driving consistency of treatment of colleagues for similar breaches
• Driving SLAs for case management lifecycle
• Providing clarity on roles and responsibilities of line managers and case managers
• Effective tracking of cases end-to-end to improve productivity and timely resolution of cases
• Escalating where policies are not always fit for purpose with local legislation and market practices or where gaps in the service, policy or legislation occur
• Supporting the management of other elements of case management and broader responsibilities of the CMAS Team not limited to maintaining accreditation lists, verifying accreditation and providing Management Information (MI) data and reporting, including maintaining and updating trackers, databases & intranet
• Central DCG reporting
• Development of quarterly ER dashboard and ER bulletin
What we’re looking for:
• Practical generalist experience gained in an HR function advising Line Managers on a day to day basis on complex ER issues in a commercial and pragmatic way
• Prior experience of ER case handling and advisory
• Possess an understanding of issues affecting Employee Relations internally
• A good understanding of current employment legislation and policy application
• Influencing and stakeholder management skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working in a highly matrixed organisation
• Understanding of the importance of recognising cultural and geographic sensitivities
• Developing analytical and data skills, including intermediate use of Excel
• Using effective communication skills to ensure customers understand our message and the actions / recommendations that should be followed to resolve an issue.
• Ability to influence stakeholders
• Logical decision-making, effective listening, clarity of thought and utmost professionalism
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
More about working at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.