Be at the heart of the bank
At Barclays, we are working together to build a better bank, a more efficient bank that is safe, intuitive and that will support people and businesses responsibly and sustainably. A bank that knows its customers and clients, champions innovation and thinks digital first, offers trusted money management guidance and support, and provides personalised advice to match customer and client life goals. And it’s where we keep our eyes on the future, shaping what the best customer experiences will look like for years to come.
Real responsibility, right away
As an Advanced Analytics Analyst within Barclays UK, we’ll help you develop specialist advanced analytics expertise.We’ll help you gain technical skills, including programming, modelling and visualising data using sophisticated market-leading platforms and tools. We’ll also support you to develop important consulting skills, such as understanding and solving problems, turning your insights into actions, and presenting data-driven findings to stakeholders.
You’ll be responsible for delivering hypothesis-driven analysis on a range of data sources across key business issues relating to Barclays’ customers, products and channels.
You’ll also be using advanced analytics to deliver analytical ‘deep dives’ and create data assets that drive the performance of the bank, enabling smarter, faster, and more proactive decision making across BUK.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to become an expert in Data and Analytics in a multi-award-winning team, shaping what the best customer experiences will look like for years to come.
Expect to be right where the action is. You’ll start with training; after which you’ll join your team. The challenges you take on might include:
- Analytics to drive Pricing decisions across our all products
- Targeting and audience selection to drive customer engagement
- Building Customer segmentations to better understand our customers’ needs
- Affordability and Risk modelling for responsible lending decisions
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by experts in the industry, who will help you achieve your goals and ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the programme, you’ll also benefit from in-depth, comprehensive training. During the programme, you’ll also:
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events
To be considered for this program, you must:
- Have a strong interest in data, analytics, business and finance
Ideally, you would also:
- Have unrestricted work authorisation in the country you’re applying to work within
- Be motivated by pace and pressure, you’ll be driven to achieve and always search for the best solution.
- Be curious and creative, agile and adaptable, with a highly analytical mind.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.