As a Barclays Business Manager, you will support the Senior Business Manager in delivering the day-to-day agenda for the AE, work in partnership with the Workforce COE and provide forward looking and insightful projections for (MTP), Outlook, Transfers, scenario analytics and SI portfolio affordability shape. In your new role you will also be working with other key function partners on behalf of the Head of Business Management and act as delegate where required.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring best in class, efficient and robust controls are in place and maintained
• Providing commercial insights of Workforce MI against plan and tracking against location and WF Strategy
• Providing project insights including WF, cost, fully loaded services costs, managed and consumed
• Supporting the production of the Transaction Cycle Weekly’s, QBRs, MBRs etc
• Supporting of COO Business Projects eg COE, Cost saving initiatives etc
• Managing governance calendar and cadence, including agendas, papers, reviews, meetings
• Supporting the Business framework across key pillars (Org Design, Governance Structures, Process and Controls)
• Seeking to support all aspects of diversity across the organisation through challenging the attitudes of others where necessary, and actively seeking alternative points of view
What we’re looking for:
• Solid experience in a Business Management function with an excellent understanding of working with leaders on a day-to-day basis
• Solid experience in operating in a multi-geographic, matrix organisation, with proven ability to balance commercial, client, and regulatory needs across businesses and geographies
• Attention to detail with organisational skills
Skills that will help you in the role
• Experience in financial services, on an international scale preferred
• Ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders and prioritise in the right order
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organisation
• Solid communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums, with proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.