HR Administrator - Operations
As a Barclays HR Administrator – Operations, you will be accountable for the delivery of Benefits to all UK colleagues at Barclays. Your team will assist with the end-to-end benefits process from eligibility and selection through to implementation, operating benefits processes in line with the set policy and procedures. You will work with colleagues, internal and external suppliers to provide the highest level of service delivery and governance.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the delivery of best-in-class processes and service
• Understanding the Barclays UK benefits provision and developing an in-depth knowledge as Subject Matter Expert
• Providing effective resolution of customer requests, queries and escalations in line with agreed service levels
• Being compliant with Risk and Control Framework, Policies, Standards, regulatory requirements and all processes relating to UK Benefits
• Ensuring all processes are documented and maintained
• Identifying and driving improvement to ensure efficient operation and delivery of the benefits
• Gathering relevant information when a decision is required, after providing clear and logical decision making
What we’re looking for:
• Background ideally in Benefits and/or HR
• Experience in following an end-to-end process clearly and with detail
• Sound problem-solving skills with experience of handling complex queries and interpreting policy to identify and implement a solution
• Analytical skills with experience in using Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of SAP/Workday
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to people at all levels both written and verbal
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Service Delivery Excellence - experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.