- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 17, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90364991
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Investigations Assurance & Advisory Lead
Knutsford, Glasgow and Northampton
As a Barclays Investigations Assurance & Advisory Lead, you will support the Director of Investigations in the provision of a independent Quality Assurance (QA) capability to deliver a best in class investigations service to Barclays and external agencies both domestically and internationally. You will work to the highest levels of integrity, being entrusted with confidential and secret information, and acting at all times to protect the reputation of Barclays, its colleagues and its customers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Conducting assurance reviews of investigative activity and output, providing guidance and instruction in the investigations, ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements
• Keeping informed of and promoting knowledge of best practice in Investigations from both internal and external sources (from regulatory, law enforcement, and industry perspectives)
• Identifying trends, analysing root causes, recommending corrective actions, both short and long term, for the QA and Investigations activity and wider Risk & Control functions
• Producing and presenting key performance reporting packs for both QA & Investigations to high levels subject to regulatory/audit scrutiny across multiple committees and senior forums
• Driving quality improvements through various mechanisms such as incremental training, policy clarifications, procedure enhancements, technology and automation enhancements
• Collaborating with business stakeholders to review the QA framework/Investigations Procedures in response to triggers and/or to maintain the best possible risk-based framework
• Contributing on the ongoing investigations Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) process, conformance testing and investigations quality assurance programme
• Engaging and building working relationships with business and infrastructure leads in the Bank: front office, risk, compliance, legal, operations and technology, credit, HR and finance
What we’re looking for:
• Investigative certifications or training – preferably in prior law enforcement, regulatory, audit, risk or accounting in the financial services industry
• Financial Crime certifications or training
• Fraud certifications or training
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding and knowledge of ICIDP PIP 2
• Experience of delivering training or mentoring colleagues
• Recognised network and/or computer investigation qualifications
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.