Lead UX Researcher - 12 month FTC
As a Barclays Lead User Researcher, you will be at the forefront of creating award winning products for our 25 million customers. You will be leading our large and diverse Insights and Design team to deliver a number of projects, whilst offering you an exciting opportunity of a creative and collaborative working environment, right at the heart of Product Development. This is part of a key transformation to evolve and grow Barclays User Research capability and is part of an ongoing investment by the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
These roles will initially be remote working but the successful applicant will be based out of any of our centralised locations of London, Northampton and Radbroke (Manchester).
What will you be doing?
• You will grow and manage teams of user researchers focusing on specific areas of the business, and take responsibility and lead the team managing demand
• Leading the strategy for at Barclays to ensure we are positioned to confront the changes/developments in banking and user interface development
• Leading on analysis of Design Research team performance, external agency performance and best practice outside of Barclays to ensure the team are performing optimally
• Ensuring a customer voice is at the heart of everything we do, engaging Designers, Product Owners and other key stakeholders in the user-centered design process
• Leading collaborative partnerships with design, research and customer teams to common objectives
• You will manage and be responsible for customer data within user testing and analytics, ensuring it is managed and shared in a compliant way
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience leading user research activities and associated teams of researchers, with an outstanding portfolio of varied projects showing examples of work
• Understanding and experience of tools for both formative research and exploration and discovery, and evaluative research for testing and refinement of concepts
• Experience directing a team to create clear methods to successfully communicate key insights to a wide range of stakeholders
• Expert communications to all levels Including presenting work, negotiating timelines and workloads, inputting on the business strategy for digital projects and products
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience leading and liaising with designers, developers, stakeholders or clients
• Able to help others outside of research to understand different methods and help to build the best most knowledgeable teams while empowering the whole design team
• Working knowledge of UX/UI/Service Design methodologies
• Experience driving and embedding corporate strategy to support the timely delivery of products and services
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.