- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 16, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90361262
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Ops Planning & Strategy Manager
As a Barclays Ops Planning & Strategy Manager, you will be working as a member of the Operations Extended Leadership Team and will support the Head of Strategy and Planning to develop, deliver and track a data lead servicing strategy that optimizes cost and customer experience. For this role, you will also collaborate with other Senior Leaders in Ops, Tech and Business areas in Payments, Consumer Banking and Payments, Corporate Bank and BUK to evaluate, monitor, report and recommend service and efficiency initiatives across BPMS Operations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining the three-year rolling ops plan, aligned to BP strategy
• Producing monthly and quarterly reporting and governance decks for consumption by Executive Leadership Team
• Conducting data analysis to develop and deliver actions to support and enhance customer experience and optimizing cost, recommending, and driving actions to maximize strategy
• Developing Cost To Serve and capacity creation methodology and reporting
• Being responsible and acting as part of the Operational Extended Leadership Team, developing a highly skilled and engaged, inclusive workforce
• Communicating and reporting on operational strategy and performance, recommending and driving actions to maximise efficiency and customer experience
• Deputising for Head of Strategy and Planning at meetings together with senior stakeholders including COO and Business Executives
• Working together and closely with BP Data and Insight teams, operational change, commercial & operations to ensure clear and effective ops strategy and optimised performance
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: Able to use data to identify and drive solutions
• Proven track record of speedy and effective execution of plans: Delivers results that ‘move the needle’
• Exceptional Leadership skills, able to deliver on goals via clear direction and effective people management
• Demonstrated stakeholder management skills, able to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels with great interpersonal skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience in spearheading and managing a team
• Ability to influence Senior Executive Stakeholders
• Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to present simple and relevant business performance updates / solutions
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.