Payment Specialist – Inbound Retention
12 months contract
As a Barclays Payment Specialist you will support the Customer Strategy across the Barclaycard Business Payments UK SME customer base, in both a proactive and reactive context. You will apply first class customer service, objection handling and negotiation skills to interact with customers who querying their current financial (contracted) terms, are giving notice to terminate their contract, or are considering terminating their contract in the future.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining first class customer service and objection handling skills at all times
• Managing inbound calls from UK SME customers who query their current pricing, raise questions about the account closure process or actually request the closure of their account
• Using excellent investigation and diagnostic skills, you will be required to see past initial comments and identify the root cause for the call
• Applying your knowledge of the to both address and resolve issues, to negotiate new commercial terms and to encourage the customer to keep their business relationship with Barclaycard
• Making proactive outbound calls to customers identified as demonstrating behaviour which suggests they may be experiencing issues
• Using your excellent investigation and diagnostic skills, you will discuss the customer’s current situation and identify any key causes for concern from the customer’s perspective.
What we’re looking for:
• Confident track record of customer service (ideally in customer retention / commercial negotiation / relationship support)
• Business and payments industry knowledge, with knowledge of business payments propositions and live systems as desirable
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communication skills
• Interpersonal & influencing skills
• Track record of working to targets
• Understanding of the Payments industry
Where will you be working?
This role can be based out of either our Northampton or Fleet offices, but we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from these offices.
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.