Nov. 15, 2021
COO & Functions
Data Engineer – Process Mining
Northampton / Glasgow / Radbroke
As a Barclays Data Engineer, you will join us at an exciting time to become part of the roll out of a new technology, which is expected to provide diagnostics and monitoring capabilities to radically optimise process performance, and drive simplicity across key processes. As part of your new Business Architect and Automation (BA&A) team, you will have plenty of opportunities to apply your valuable expertise and knowledge to address complex business challenges, and deliver significant value across the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, part-time options as well as the opportunity is open to job share arrangements. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
This opportunity is open to job share arrangements. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Taking part in the design, development and delivery of the BA&A Process Mining (PM) service offering
• Contributing to the successful delivery of PM service engagements in line with defined objectives and agreed timelines
• Gathering and preparing business requirements and translating them into detailed data requirements
• Working with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and local technology teams to agree data extraction
• Designing, building the data model in PM tool, and creating a catalogue of reusable connectors
• Performing in-depth process and data analytics, generating actionable insight and quantifying the associated value of recommended changes
• Promoting, highlighting and educating the benefits of PM across the organisation
• Working closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions
What we’re looking for:
• Degree or industry equivalent with relevant experience within data analytics and high-impact data visualisation
• Working knowledge of ETL
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge and experience implementing process mining solutions
• Knowledge and experience of Business Architect concepts
• Experience of industry recognised process automation tool sets/ capabilities
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.