Procurement Sourcing Manager – Marketing
Northampton, Knutsford, Glasgow
As a Barclays Procurement Sourcing Manager – Marketing, you will be part of the Procurement team and will be the category lead for several sub-categories of spend within the team. You will assist in the delivery of the end-to-end global marketing procurement strategy and interact with senior stakeholders in Procurement as well as within Marketing. This is a good opportunity to work closely in partnership with all stakeholders to support Procurement objectives and to maximise value, whilst reducing risk to the firm.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Managing a global portfolio of marketing spend of by creating comprehensive global sourcing strategies, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset
• Building relationships with senior global marketing stakeholders, identifying opportunities to create value, position Procurement’s value proposition, align marketing sourcing strategies
• Creating compelling business cases for change, obtain Procurement and stakeholder approval to execute, and to agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Delivering global benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to risk management, compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Engaging senior stakeholders and other relevant functions in the marketing sourcing strategy delivery and execution
• Building and maintaining good operational and strategic network with other Sourcing and Procurement colleagues to improve sourcing processes and capability
• Supporting the wider marketing category teams within scope of accountability; building the organisational capabilities necessary to implement Barclays strategy, now and in the future
• Ensuring appropriate communication strategy and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks and working closely with the ESG team
What we’re looking for:
• Indirect category management experience and experience in delivery of large projects with good analytical and communication skills with complex negotiation skills
• Good business acumen with demonstrated success in delivering a multi-year strategy and ability to build close business relationships with stakeholders at all management levels
• Good grasp of market drivers effecting category, project and change management skills and understanding of latest tools for executing sourcing strategies
• Experience managing the delivery of large projects with solid analytical, written and verbal communication skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Category procurement experience across multiple indirect categories
• Academic degree or equivalent course or experience in Business or related field
Where will you be working?
Barclays Procurement is largely based in Northampton and Knutsford (Radbroke Hall), with an additional office in Glasgow. Of these offices, successful candidates are able to choose to work in the location most convenient to them, as they will be able to collaborate with many peers and colleagues in any of these locations.