Quality Assurance and Governance Analyst
Northampton, Glasgow, Manchester or Knutsford
As a Barclays QA and Governance Analyst, you will join us at a time of growth in our Investigations function. You will be responsible for conducting QA Risk and governance reviews of cases that have been completed by the Court Orders team, Investigations Triage, Police Liaison and the conventional investigation teams as required by internal policies and procedures. This will be the ideal opportunity for someone with extensive knowledge and experience of delivery in respect of QA and Governance reviews.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Keeping informed of and promoting knowledge of best practice in Court Orders, Investigations management, from both internal and external sources
• Supporting the Tasking and Coordination Bureau as required in ensuring that the team’s operational effectiveness is maintained
• Working in alignment to the CSO strategic plan, delivering a QA and Governance model, which underpins investigations & court orders services that are delivered to all BU
• Completing activities and duties in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Enterprise Risk Management Framework, internal Barclays Policies and Standards
• Exchanging complex information with other teams to ensure all identified risks and issues following a review are actioned and either mitigated or remediated in line with risk appetite
• Evaluating & simplifying complex information when conducting reviews, presenting results of a QA or governance review to relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
• Demonstrating sound decision making and understand, based on the circumstances, at what point a matter needs to be escalated / referred to team leadership for a final decision
• Assisting in the development and implementation of new policies as QA and Governance reviews develop and change in line with legal, regulatory and industry practices
What we’re looking for:
• Considerable experience of working in an investigation/compliance/quality assurance or policy roles / team. Experience in a corporate, military or law enforcement environment.
• Considerable experience and knowledge of conducting independent assurance / governance reviews
• Exceptional level of attention to detail
• Extensive experience and knowledge in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of tools
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Widespread knowledge and experience of implementing processes and procedures across multiple disciplines and/or business areas.
• Experience of working with information management systems
• Experience of working in confidential environment
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.