Barclays Europe Markets Middle Office
As a Barclays Europe Markets Middle Office, you will be part of the Global Markets Operations to help the Sales team with KYC onboarding. The role provides assistance to Front office partners, clients, and back-office teams and cover the full suite of product offering in Europe. The team provides many value-added tasks across the full product range, including Equity/ Repos/ IG/HY Bonds/CLO/Emerging Markets/ FX/ Rates. You will be the primary point of contact for all inquiries and escalations and ensure a smooth post trade process.
Barclays Europe is an inspiring place to be: we’re building a truly European bank with the support of one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions. We have a clear mission, a huge sense of momentum and the energy of a new business. All of which means we can offer agile, determined and resilient people a platform for remarkable professional and personal growth. Together, we’re putting Barclays at the heart of Europe; putting Europe at the heart of Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Monitoring trades and communicating with stakeholders to resolves trade related issues
• Taking ownership for issues from start to finish, strategic thinker able to implement process improvements.
• Managing of intraday reports and trade exceptions to improve timeliness for trade affirmations
• Being the first line of contact for clients and internal teams for all discrepancies and issues
• Monitoring failing trades: stepping in where necessary to arrange buy-ins and prioritise settlement with clients
• Liaising with repo traders to cover short positions by borrowing bonds
• Utilising time management skills, working under pressure in a dynamic environment and provide good client relationship management
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in Operation related to Middle Office role
• Having a good grasp of Fixed Income Bonds and Equity
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Very good verbal and written command of French and English
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Competence of Fixed Income and trade Lifecycle, electronic platforms including Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, Omgeo, CTM and FIX, solid grasp of Derivatives (OTC and ETD)
• Diligent and able to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
• Prior experience with FICC systems, ICE, Markitwire, and experience in Middle Office/Trade Support experience
• Ability to coordinate with various teams in order to action exceptions and ad hoc inquiries, detail oriented and able to multitask
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long-established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we are able to provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sectors, regions and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.