BE Markets Business Oversight Compliance
As a Barclays BE Markets Business Oversight Compliance Manager, you will be part of the BE Markets Business Oversight Compliance team (‘BOC’) helping the team in providing routine and project-based compliance support to the BE Markets fixed income and equities business areas (collectively, ‘BE Markets’). The role of BE Markets BOC is to proactively oversee the management of conduct and reputation-related risks that arise in the EEA related BE Markets related sales, trading, structuring and financing related activities.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing responses to the BE Markets business areas requests, including queries, strategic initiatives, and business reviews
• Providing relevant information and/or guidance to the BE Markets business areas, highlighting the conduct and reputation-related risk impact it may have on their operations
• Reviewing relevant alerts relating to the BE Markets area for potential conduct and reputation risk events/impact/breaches
• Supporting regulatory reviews and information requests for BE Markets business activities
• Reviewing and challenging BE Markets related conduct-risk assessments
• Performing dynamic risk-based testing (known as verification checks) on the processes and controls used by the BE Markets business activities to identify and mitigate risks
• Ensuring that BE Markets employees are adequately trained on applicable conduct risk matters, processes and controls
• Proactively assessing future risks to the BE Markets business areas
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in a financial services environment
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• University degree
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficient French, German and/or Italian language skills are preferred
• An understanding of the role of a Compliance function
• Knowledgeable of the financial markets activities and instruments
• The desire to learn and the ability to complete tasks while under the guidance and supervision of the BE Markets Compliance team management
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we are able to provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sectors, regions and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.