Cash Management Sales Specialist
As a Barclays Cash Management Sales Specialist, you will be supporting the Payments & Cash Management business development within France, Nordics, and Luxembourg. Working closely with Global Relationship Directors to develop and monetize domestic and franchise cash management, liquidity, and global payment opportunities will be part of your role. Get this exciting chance to be a subject matter expert, developing innovative Cash management solutions with passion for cash sales and working to establish Barclays as one of the market leaders.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with Relationship Directors, ensuring market action and sales account plans are in place for key clients, regular pipeline review, sales alignment, and execution
• Understanding client’s complex Cash Management and Liquidity requirements, positioning products that meet their requirements and are the right products for the bank to provide
• Driving business development across corporates and non-financial institutions (NBFIs), and protecting income lines from potential competitor threat, achieving the Cash income plan
• Delivering leading edge cash management advice through complex cash management sales and liquidity solutions including currency clearing solutions and global payments
• Building, maintaining excellent customer relationships with valuable clients through effective planning, maximising sales and earnings from the Cash Management Products
• Developing innovative Cash Management solutions for the industry sectors by working closely with our product team, tailored and competitive pricing, and bespoke integration
• Instigating Sales plan, market action and account plans for key clients, pipeline and RFP deal management, and stakeholder management across verticals
• Assisting with the coaching of relationship staff in the research, sales and implementation of core products to customers and in lead spotting for cash management products
What we’re looking for:
• Fluency in English and ideally French with several years’ experience working in a Cash Management business development or sales team.
• Excellent knowledge of the French, Nordics, Luxembourg corporate and financial markets, cash management, liquidity, and global payment solutions
• Experience in sales management; pipeline and stakeholder management, commerciality, and French understanding of relative value of deposits and money transmission
• Understanding of risk, compliance, and regulatory governance, global & regional payments regulations including PSD2, FATV16, the EU Funds Transfer Regulation and Dodd Frank
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ideally a finance or related degree with expertise in complex cash management solutions; notional pooling, multicurrency pooling, and the like
• Familiarity with liquidity solutions including off balance sheet solutions, FX solutions and multicurrency solutions
• Knowledge of market infrastructures and clearing and settlement systems such as TARGET2, EURO1, CHAPS, BACS, FEDWIRE, STEP2 and RT1
• European domestic payment and cash solutions - SEPA SCT, SDDs, Instant, TIPPS, EBICs, SWIFT knowledge, such as XML ISO 20022, MT Messaging, FileAct and associated reporting
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long-established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full-service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we can provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sectors, regions, and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions, and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.