- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 26, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Product Management
Reference Code: 90374252
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Global Cash Management Sales
As a Barclays Global Cash Management Sales, you will be supporting the Payments & Cash Management business development within France. Working closely with Global Relationship Directors to develop and monetize domestic and franchise cash management, liquidity, and global payment opportunities will be part of your role. Get this exciting chance to be a subject matter expert, developing innovative Cash management solutions and working to establish Barclays as one of the market leaders.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with Relationship Directors, ensuring market action and sales account plans are in place for key clients, regular pipeline review, sales alignment, and execution
• Understanding client’s complex Cash Management and Liquidity requirements, positioning products that meet their requirements and are the right products for the bank to provide
• Driving business development across corporates and non-financial institutions (NBFIs), and protecting income lines from potential competitor threat, achieving the Cash income plan
• Delivering leading edge cash management advice through complex cash management sales and liquidity solutions including currency clearing solutions and global payments
• Building and maintaining excellent customer relationships with valuable key names through effective client planning, maximising earnings from the Cash Management Products
• Developing innovative Cash Management solutions for the industry sectors by working closely with our product team, tailored and competitive pricing, and bespoke integration
• Instigating market action and account plans for key clients, pipeline and RFP deal management, and stakeholder management across verticals
• Assisting with the coaching of relationship staff in the research, sales and implementation of core products to customers and in lead spotting for cash management products
What we’re looking for:
• Fluency in French with several years’ experience working in a business development or sales team
• Excellent knowledge of the French corporate and financial markets, cash management, liquidity, and global payment solutions
• Experience in sales management; pipeline and stakeholder management, commerciality, and French understanding of relative value of deposits and money transmission
• Understanding of risk, compliance, and regulatory governance, global & regional payments regulations including PSD2, FATV16, the EU Funds Transfer Regulation and Dodd Frank
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ideally a finance or related degree with excellent knowledge of complex cash management solutions; notional pooling, multicurrency pooling, and the like
• Familiarity with liquidity solutions including off balance sheet solutions, FX solutions and multicurrency solutions
• Knowledge of market infrastructures and clearing and settlement systems such as TARGET2, EURO1, CHAPS, BACS, FEDWIRE, STEP2 and RT1
• European domestic payment solutions - SEPA SCT, SDDs, Instant, TIPPS, EBICs, SWIFT knowledge, such as XML ISO 20022, MT Messaging, FileAct and associated reporting
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long-established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full-service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we can provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sectors, regions, and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions, and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please click here to learn more.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.